Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Flatland

Yesterday saw the first rise in any of my blood counts. The red cells had gone from 3.29 (trillion/liter) to 3.32. Now I am more resistant than most people to the overinterpretation of small differences in the presence of unknown (but presumably substantial) amounts of measurement error, but still, it made a nice little graph:


Notice the little up-tick on the end. Another thing that happened yesterday is that my right leg started feeling more like its old self (not back when I had no complaints, but the more recent old self when I did . . .), in other words, it started hurting. Which was maybe (probably) an increase in inflammation, which might have suggested some immune system involvement. So maybe my white cells were starting to engraft as well, even though the leukocyte count was still pegged at 0.1 and platelets were cratering.

This morning I felt better than I had in at least a week, and was ready to go post some blood numbers.

So maybe tomorrow. It turns out that the red cells are probably just bouncing along the bottom, and the rest of it is maybe just wishful thinking:


[My apologies for the quality of these graphs, although I hope they make the point. It would be embarassing to admit how long it took to get them here at all.]

In any case, I really am feeling better (other than the leg, but screw the leg) I'm going to read up on the process of engraftment. If I learn anything interesting and not overly technical, I'll post it later on.



No comments:

Post a Comment